Clear Vision Without Glasses
Contacts can help you play sports and participate in other dynamic activities without potentially damaging your eyewear. For many, these lenses also make an excellent alternative to glasses for everyday use. Either way, our eye doctors are ready to help you find the right lenses for your lifestyle.
What Is a Contact Lens Exam?
A contact lens exam is the first step to clear vision without bulky eyewear. Your eye doctor will use the information they gather to match you with lenses that correct your vision and feel comfortable.
Contact lens exams usually include all the steps of a standard eye exam, along with a few extra questions. We may look for:
- What kind of lens replacement schedule would fit your lifestyle best.
- What lens types would be most compatible with your eyes.
- Any conditions that could rule out the use of certain lenses (for example, people with dry eyes often need to use lenses that are specifically developed to hydrate the eye’s surface).
- Whether you’ll need special lenses to correct a particular vision problem (like multifocal lenses for correcting presbyopia).
We’ll also take some measurements to help ensure your new contacts fit properly. We often look at:
After the Tests
Once our tests and measurements are complete, we’ll give you a pair of trial lenses to use on your own for a short period. If you like them, we’ll order a supply for you and teach you how to maintain your new lenses effectively. You may also recommend booking a follow-up visit or two, so we can make sure your eyes are adjusting properly.
Types of Contact Lenses
Soft Contact Lenses
Rigid Gas-Permeable Lenses
Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) lenses are made from more durable silicone compounds and usually sit in front of the eye’s surface. The surface of these lenses can often compensate for an irregularly shaped cornea, so we often recommend RGP lenses for people with astigmatism.
RGP lenses can take more getting used to than soft contacts, but they also tend to be more durable and last longer. We’ll let you know if RGP lenses seem like a good idea for you.
All Clariti 1-Day lenses feature high water content — a key feature for comfort. AquaGen™ technology makes it possible. The AquaGen™ process creates a lens that naturally attracts and binds water molecules to the lens surface, so your eyes can stay moist and comfortable throughout your day.
Proclear by CooperVision are a line of daily-disposable contact lenses with options available for nearly every corrective lens prescription need, including options for astigmatism. They feature Phosphorylcholine, a material that attracts water and encourages healthy eye hydration.
Contact Us Today!
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Sunday: Closed